Happy Friday All! We hope that you have had a great week. The Sensational Soirees team has had an awesome week of party planning, spreading the word about our website and getting acclimated to blogging…we hope you have enjoyed our posts thus far. While our workweek has been great, there’s something special about the weekend that puts a big smile on your face. Whether you plan to catch up on rest, enjoy quality time with family or hit up a few parties with friends, we hope that you have a wonderful weekend. When our team isn’t busy planning a soiree, we love to take in local events in the DC, Maryland and Virginia area. So when you aren’t busy hosting or attending an event, you may want to check out some of these happenings this month in our area:
UniverSoul Circus – now through June 16: The circus takes place this weekend at RFK Stadium in DC and next weekend at National Harbor in MD. The show is said to be a highly interactive combination of circus arts, theater and music that delivers irresistible fun for the entire family. Visit Ticketmaster to purchase tickets.
· Celebrate Fairfax Festival – this weekend: This event, taking place today through Sunday, is Northern Virginia’s largest community-wide celebration and has tons of attractions. Visit here for more info and to purchase tickets.
· Annapolis Arts, Crafts and Wine Festival – this weekend: This 2-day festival kicking off tomorrow will feature smooth Jazz, Maryland wines and works of 200 of the region’s best artists and craftsmen. Visit here for more info and to purchase tickets.
· Washington Nationals presents Pups in the Park – this Sunday: Purchase a discounted ticket to the Nationals vs. Twins game on Sunday, June 9 for you, your family and you favorite family pet and support the Washington Humane Society. Visit the Nats website for more info.
· DC Jazz Festival – now through June 16:This festival is the largest music festival in DC and one of the most highly anticipated cultural events in the nation. Visit the DC Jazz Fest website for more details.
· Cupcake Making Class with Warren Brown of Cake Love – now through July: A hands-on cupcake making class with the owner and founder of CakeLove at LivingSocial's 918 F Street in DC. You will learn secrets of the baking trade and you will get to take home a dozen cupcakes. Various Monday and Wednesdays dates available now through July. Visit here to book.
· National Children’s Museum Free Family Night sponsored by GEICO – Thursday, June 20: On Enjoy free admission to the museum from 5pm – 8pm for your whole family, as well as hands-on activities and interactive play in the NCM Theatre and exhibit areas! Visit the museum’s website for more info. The museum is located in National Harbor, MD.
· National Children’s Museum CycleFest 2013 – Saturday, June 22: Enjoy outdoors family-friendly activities starting at 12pm that inspire children and families to gear up for a summer full of outdoor riding. The event is free, and children who complete certain outdoor activities will receive a coupon for $2 off admission to the Museum between 12 and 4 p.m. Visit the museum’s website for more info. The museum is located in National Harbor, MD.
· National Capital Barbecue Battle – Saturday, June 22 – Sunday, June 23: CNN calls it one of the top 5 summer events in the country. The event, held on Pennsylvania Ave. in DC, features food, music, attractions and of course the barbecue competition. For more info visit the event website.
Looking Ahead: For all the music lovers get your tickets now for the 2013 Essence Music Festival taking place July 4 – 7in New Orleans! This year’s festival features Beyoncé, Maxwell and many more artists and celebrities. Find ticket info and more details here.
Celebrating a special occasion this weekend or plan to attend one of the events we mentioned? Let us know in the comments section below. Also, if you know of any events that you think our readers would love to know about, please shoot us an email at email@example.com with the details. Have a wonderful weekend!