It's "Tips Tuesday"! So today we're sharing an easy tutorial for you and the little ones to enjoy this holiday season. My children recently had a fun and festive Christmas party with a few of their friends, and we'll be sharing the full recap with you soon. One of the desserts we served, that the kids and their parents absolutely loved, was rice krispies pops. Since I was busy getting the activities and other details for the party together, I knew I needed the dessert process to be quick and easy, and it was just that!
Here are the easy instructions for these delicious holiday treats...
What you will need:
- Rice Krispies Treats (purchased from the grocery store or you can make your own)
- Red Candy Melts
- Red and Green Paper Straws
- Cup or collander
7 Easy Steps:
- Unwrap your rice krispies treats or if you plan to make them yourself, set out the finished squares on parchment paper.
- Stick a paper straw in the center of each treat, and push 2/3 of the way towards the top of the treat.
- Place sprinkles in a bowl and set aside.
- Take 10 or 12 candy melts (depending on how many pops you to intend to make) and place them in a bowl. Heat in the microwave on 30-60 seconds.
- Use a knife to spread a 1 - 1 1/2 inch layer of candy melts to cover the top, front, back and sides of the treat. The treat should look like it has a rectangular shape on the top, as shown in the photo above.
- Sprinkle the sprinkles on top of the candy melt layer.
- Place in a cup or collander to dry for 5 minutes. Repeat steps 5 and 7 until all your pops are done.
It doesn't get easier than that, and I can assure you this is one tasty treat! We hope you enjoy!
Share with us your favorite holiday treats in the discussion section of this post.