If you're following along with us on social media, then you know this week I celebrated my 32nd birthday (cue the confetti, balloons and soiree)! My birthday week thus far has been all I wanted and so much more. I feel so blessed!
31 was a paramount year that grew me personally and professionally. I'm so thankful for every win and lesson, and really excited for all the amazingness I know 32 will bring. On the eve of turning 32, I began to reflect on my life...what I love about it, what I've learned, and what's next. My time of reflection wasn't super deep, but my mind was flooded with thoughts - some random and some meaningful, and I believe it shed light on what's to come. I want this year to be filled with random fun, laughter, seeing the world and ease, while balanced with meaningful moments, loving on my loved ones, intentionality, growth, success, happiness and above all a renewed sense of self and faith in Christ. So here we go 32...I love you already!
In case you're wondering how I celebrated and enjoyed my birthday week, here's a little run down:
- Dinner with the kids, hubby, our parents and my brother at the Chophouse in Annapolis. It was my first time dining there, and the food was delicious! I will definitely be back again.
- Brunch + learning about social media and publishing tips with fellow industry pros at the Waffles and Wisdom workshop.
- Movie night every night this week with my kids!
- Lunch with one of my sensational brides in National Harbor. She even had the restaurant surprise me with a slice of birthday cake...oh how I love my clients!
- On the big day, I spent the whole day being spoiled by hubby...we enjoyed the spa, lunch and shopping! We ended the day with our family at home with a cookout, cake and ice cream. It was really the best day!
- Final venue walk through with one of my sensational couples for their big day next week. Oxon Hill Manor took my breath away with its manicured gardens and lawns, beautiful chandeliers, charm and overall stately and gorgeous look.
- 2nd week running the Mor Community blog! So excited for all that's to come :-)
- Learned how to sketch up my event dreams at the Sketchbook Series workshop in Baltimore. This workshop was beyond amazing, and I can't wait to share a full recap soon.
- Finally did a much needed PURGE of some of my event supplies and inventory. Stay tuned for something special coming to the Sensational Soirees headquarters
- Today is friends day, so I'll be brunchin' with my besties and headed to a cookout at my college roomie's house
It's been a great week with plenty of fun, learning, good food, and relaxation, too. I hope you've had a sensational week, too. Share how you enjoy celebrating your birthday in the comments section.