Happy Wedding Wednesday! It's clear that Sensational Soirees loves everything weddings, soirees, parties and events. Another love we have is for music! I don't know about you, but one of my favorite parts of the day is riding in the car listening and singing to music. From soulful R&B, to inspirational gospel, and upbeat hip-hop, I simply LOVE music. So naturally, when it comes to weddings, music is a big thing for me. Often times brides and grooms get stumped when it comes to picking their wedding music. I mean lets face it, there are tons of great songs, old and new, to choose from, so the task of selecting your wedding songs can be a bit intimidating and overwhelming. Well, no need to fret because today we are sharing our top 10 wedding songs, and as a bonus I'm also sharing the songs I chose for my very own wedding almost 6 years ago.
Put your heads phones on, and get ready to enjoy some good ole love songs! Our Top 10 Wedding Songs are:
1) Love is You (Chrisette Michelle) - My husband and I used this song for our wedding website. It has the most beautiful lyrics combined with Chrisette's beautiful voice.
2) Stay With You (John Legend) - A popular wedding song that I love because the title itself is what marriage is all about...staying together!
3) Incredible (Tank) - This song off of Tank's latest album, Stronger, would make the perfect song for a bride's entrance.
4) Ribbon in the Sky (Stevie Wonder) - An oldie but goodie is what comes to mind when I think of this Stevie Wonder hit.
5) End of Time (Justin Timberlake) - I'm a huge JT fan, and this hit single is great for a couple's first dance.
6) For Lovers Only (Maxwell) - I fell in love with this song 8 years ago when I had the pleasure of being the maid of honor for my sister-friend, Tracy. This was the perfect choice for the bridal party processional.
7) Makings of You (Curtis Mayfield) - Another oldie but goodie, that I could listen to over and over again! An excellent choice for a first dance for a more mature couple.
8) I Found My Everything In You (Mary J. Blige feat. Raphael Saadiq) - This soulful love song is a great pre-ceremony or first dance choice.
9) Who You Love (John Mayer and Katy Perry) - I'm a sucker for a great duet! What a romantic first dance this would be.
10) A Couple of Forevers (Chrisette Michelle) - Chrisette made the list twice because the lyrics and melody of this beautiful song are undeniably perfect for any portion of a wedding.
For my ceremony, we chose to have musicians and live singers because as a girl who grew up singing in church choirs, there is something about live music that moves me. However, a track of the songs you choose can definitely have the same emotional affect on your big day. Our musical line up included:
Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring (Bach) - Processional
So High (John Legend) - Groom's and Bridal Party Processional
This Is Love (Kelly Rowland) - Bride's Entrance
Make Me Whole (Amel Larrieux) - Lighting of the Unity Candle
The Lord's Prayer - Communion
This Will Be (Natalie Cole) - Recessional
Let's Stay Together (Al Green) - Bridal Party Entrance
Greatest Love (Musiq Soulchild) - First Dance
Your Joy (Chrisette Michelle) - Father Daughter Dance
A Song for Mama (Boyz II Men) - Mother Son Dance
I'm sure all these love songs have you in a loving mood! Tell us what you think about our top 10 list, and other songs you think are perfect for weddings.