For those of you who follow me on Instagram, you've likely seen some sneak peeks from my styled shoot at Inspire Design Workshop. I had the opportunity to attend this amazing conference/workshop earlier this year in New Orleans, where wedding planners, designers and florists were given the tools and knowledge to enhance our wedding design skills. At the finale of the workshop, each attendee was able to curate a styled shoot with the help of a team of amazing vendors.
Project Runway is one of my favorite shows, and during shoot execution I thought of Tim Gunn's famous make it work line to remind me of the importance of being flexible, creative and staying true to your design aesthetic. Well, I'm happy to share that I must've made it work because my styled shoot, and a couple others, were recently selected to be featured on Munaluchi Bride! I was inspired by the many chandeliers that I saw in the French Quarter shops, and wanted to stay true to my love for sophistication and my shoot definitely reflects that. You can check out all the deets and more photos over on Munaluchi's site.
I really enjoyed the Inspire Design Workshop, and would recommend it for other wedding designers. Lulu Alexander, the workshop visionary, did a great job creating a valuable and interactive design experience. Highlights of what I liked about the workshop were:
- It was intimate (I think 16 attendees plus speakers), which allowed for me to have conversations and build relationships with the attendees and mentors/speakers, as well as to ask all of my burning questions to the speakers.
- The speakers were hands-on during the design process, and the information they provided during their individual sessions was extremely valuable and things I hadn't heard before at other conferences.
- Each attendee got to produce a styled shoot, and although it was for our own individual credit, we all pulled together in the spirit of community over competition when needed.
- New Orleans is amazing in general, and the food was the best ever! The hotel was also excellent.
- The details, swag, and overall planning in general was well thought out and intentional.
As I often say, the more you know the more you grow, so I'm grateful for the opportunity this workshop provided in expanding my design knowledge. In addition, this was such a great group of ladies to spend 3 days with! It was definitely a great mix of laughter and learning!
Photo Credit: Southern Amore
What conferences or workshops have you been to this year? Share below in the comments.
Styled Shoot Vendors:
Designer: Shalyce Tyson of Sensational Soirees
Event: Inspire Design Workshop
Photographer: Gabby Chapin Cowsert of G. Chapin Studios
Bouquet: CeCe Designs
Centerpieces: Dawn Hubbard
Bridal Gown: Pedram Couture
Cake: Bittersweet Confections
Stationery: Kristen Leigh Lettering + Design
Beauty: Just Face It, LLC
Model: Bianca Finch of Launch Model & Talent
Venue: Il Mercato
Furniture & Linens: Event Rental
Calligraphy: Melissa Benhoff