Happy Friday! I hope you've had a sensational week. I'm so proud to be a member of the Rising Tide Society, which is a community of creatives, founded by Natalie Franke and Krista Jones, who choose to thrive in the spirit of community over competition. The mission is near and dear to my heart, and it's been such a joy connecting with like minded entrepreneurs. I'm taking a page from the Rising Tide Instagram challenge I participated in a few weeks ago, and doing Friday Introductions today on the blog! Whether you're new to the blog or have been journeying with Sensational Soirees from the start, I'm happy that you're here. Instead of the traditional, Hi I'm Shalyce, a wedding and event planner, today I'm going to share 5 fun facts about me...after all it is Fun Friday, right?!
1) My favorite movie of all time is Coming to America. Although it literally came out when I was 4, it's a classic that NEVER gets old to me. I love repeating the lines with my mom and brother, and still laugh like it's my first time watching it. Eddie Murphy is a comedic genius.
2) In 2002, I went to a high school graduation at Howard University's Crampton Auditorium. I met a really cute guy, who found me amongst the crowd and asked for my phone number. We said "I do" 7 years later, and he even proposed where we met. Good thing I gave him my number!
3) The third time is truly a charm because it took me 3 times to pass both the learner driver's permit and driver's permit tests. I'm pretty sure this is the reason why I never mind driving anywhere because I'm just happy to have made it on the road, haha. And I'm a fantastic driver now by the way, practice makes perfect!
4) My very first job, at 16, was at special events venue, Martin's Crosswinds, as banquet staff for weddings and other events. I even went on to work in their administrative office for awhile part-time, right after college, and I had my wedding reception there. I guess it's pretty obvious that me, weddings and special events are meant to be.
5) Many of my Fun Friday nights include pizza, ice cream, pjs, The Little Rascals or another kid-friendly movie and two little smiling faces, who appreciate that mommy makes a party out of everything.
I hope you've enjoyed learning a few fun things about me! Special thanks to Rhea Whitney Photography for these awesome new photos. You can learn more about Sensational Soirees here, and shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. I would love to learn more about you, so share 1 fun fact about you in the discussion section of this post. Have an amazing weekend!